Write for us at Midwife Career!
We’re looking for Midwives and Students to write short articles for our popular and well-established website.
First-hand articles are a great source of inspiration, and realistic information, about life as a midwife, or as a student midwife.
Anyone who thinks they might want to join the profession will be eager to learn all they can about the role, and there is no better place than candid, behind-the-scenes accounts from people doing the job.
It can also be reassuring to other midwives themselves to read articles from colleagues about topics they may never quite get round to talking about.Reading about experiences or opinions about the job can also provide food for thought, and sometimes debate!
Who is it for?
- Anyone with a passion for midwifery who wants to write!
- Anyone who has a story to tell, something to say or a viewpoint to explore
- Anyone able to put their thoughts into writing in an accessible and engaging way
- Anyone who would like to give useful advice and insights to those considering midwifery as a career, or those in the early stages of their career
What can I write about?
Anything you think might appeal to the Midwife Career Audience!
- A ‘Day in the Life’ story
- A funny story
- Pros and cons of the career
- Student life
- Best and worst days on the ward
- News and views on the latest happenings
- Overcoming challenges and unexpected happenings
- ‘How to’ or ‘Top tip’ guides – for example dealing with traumatic incidents, balancing career and family, settling at university, dealing with colleagues
- Practical guides, like what to pack for a healthy lunch at work, staying sane on night shift, what to bring for the first day of work
What are the benefits?
- You’ll be helping others with your advice!
- You’ll be getting the opportunity to improve on your writing skills.
- Writing for the site in your own time and showing a passion for midwifery is great relevant experience for your application!
How do I start?
Write two short (400-500 word) articles for us – we’ll review them and use those that are a good fit! We’ll also provide you with feedback if you’d like.
We’re not looking for perfect – just enthusiastic, interesting, informative and insightful!
You can write under your own name, or we can post your blog anonymously if you’d prefer.
Interested? Email your article submissions (or any questions you might have!) to email@example.com