- Learn more about the role of a modern midwife
- Understand what a REAL day in the life of a midwife looks like
- Find out more about your aptitudes and whether you would be a good fit for the role
- Gain insights into the recruitment process and what you need to do to apply
- Learn strategies to write a high quality, stand-out application
- Access useful behind-the scenes insights which will give you an advantage at interview
- Learn the secrets behind what university selection panels are really looking for
- Provide strong evidence to recruiters that you are an ideal candidate for the role
- Avoid the common mistakes which will rule you out of the running
- Gain an inside look at the assessment day tests and exercises
- Pass difficult numerical and verbal reasoning tests
- Handle role-plays, presentations and group discussions with ease
- Practice interview questions and how to answer them
- Deliver a high standard written work, irrespective of the test format
- Confidently tackle challenging mock scenarios
- Show your in-depth understanding of midwife values and priorities
- Highlight your ability to deal effectively with challenges and set-backs
- Prove your passion, commitment and motivation for the role
- Develop confidence in your unique abilities and suitability for this career
- Gain an inside understanding of maternity services via our experts and interviews
- You’ll be given the option to access on-going support with your midwifery applications from our friendly and knowledgeable team.
- You will gain a certificate at the completion of the training programme to take with you to your interview.
- Module 1 – Introduction to the profession – is it right for you?
- Module 2 – Behind the scenes of Maternity Services – an in-depth look
- Module 3 – Midwife roles, responsibilities – how would you manage the challenges?
- Module 4 – How to be a stand-out candidate
- Module 5 – Creating an excellent application for midwife training
- Module 6 – The assessment day – exercises, tests and how to excel
- Module 7 – The interview – questions and answers
- Module 8 – Finishing up- and where to go next
Love the idea of becoming a Midwife but not sure how to get started?
Don’t worry! We have the perfect solution for you
Don’t worry! We have the perfect solution for you
Being a midwife is a uniquely rewarding, empowering and important role. Yours is the first touch on the skin of a newborn baby. Your mix of personal and clinical care will have an impact that will last a lifetime.
But becoming a midwife isn’t easy.
For some, the application process seems too daunting to even begin. For others, their applications end in rejection, with no real explanation as to why. Women (and some men) who feel naturally drawn to this profession can find their hopes of a career in midwifery slipping through their fingers. It can feel like the opportunities are just out of reach or that chances have come too late.
Who is this course for?
Whether you are looking for a new career as your children grow; have just finished your school or college education and are considering where to go from here; have applied to become a midwife but not got through; are unfulfilled by your current job and are weighing up a career change; want to re-train or re-enter education or have simply always wanted to be a midwife but assumed you didn’t have what it takes- then this course is exactly what you need.
We can show you that it’s not too late and there are opportunities, you just need to be prepared to work for them!
Why should you choose OUR online course?
There are other online courses available, but there’s one HUGE difference between us and them. Those courses might have an impressive list of modules covering everything from pre-eclampsia to suturing, infection control to the importance of breastfeeding….which they claim will fast-track you through your midwifery training.
The simple fact is that unless your UCAS form is selected, and unless you are able to demonstrate that you are the right sort of person with the right sort of aptitudes at your university selection day, NONE of that knowledge will matter! Everything you need to know about practicing midwifery will be covered on your degree course. There are no early short-cuts or fast-tracks through that. So taking the time and energy to learn all that information in advance just isn’t the best use of your time or money.
But right now what you do need to do is learn how to write an application which ‘sells’ you and provides real evidence which will inspire the university recruiters about who you are as an individual, and how you would benefit the profession if they choose you.
Then you need to understand what the selection day tests will be (whether it is just an interview or a range of different assessment exercises), and learn HOW to tackle these in the most effective way possible. Hannah, our Psychologist is a Selection professional (which means she designs assessment exercises for all sorts of roles). This means she is qualified to show you how to do your very best in these exercise. She knows all the mistakes candidates make, and how to avoid them. It’s this sort of guidance we are proud to say is is unique to Midwife Career.
Not everyone with potential is offered a midwifery place at uni; it will take more than natural aptitude to overcome the selection hurdles. You need to know how to prove you are exactly the sort of person they need; you need to show you are more than capable of meeting the challenges of the role; and you need to know how to convince a selection panel that you are head and shoulders above your competition. We know how to bring the very best out of you, so you can shine when it counts.
Of course having more knowledge about the role, the profession and the responsibilities of a midwife will always be useful. We cover as much as you need to know about that at this stage, enough to show that you are informed, you know where to look for up to date information and how to apply it to interview questions. But we don’t overload you with clinical and technical information, which although is interesting, will not improve your chances of actually gaining a place at uni. Right now, you need to stay focused and allow us, the experts in Midwifery AND selection to guide you. This is why our course is different, and this is why it is the best one for you.
How we can help
With midwifery being such a sought-after career, competition for places at university is very high. Many applicants are put off at the first hurdle and don’t complete their application; others have their applications rejected and can feel demoralised about what to do next. Even if you are lucky enough to be invited to a selection day the odds of gaining one of the few places on a university training course are stacked against you. The tests are tough and the assessors will only offer places to the very best candidates.
Our course is designed to help you overcome ALL these hurdles, preparing you to submit a top notch application, deliver an impressive selection day performance and be the sort of midwife you have always aspired to be.
Our course will give you the skills to:
What will the online course look like?
This internet based course will guide you step by step through all the tips and know-how you need to sail through your midwifery application, all from the comfort of your computer.
You can complete the online course where and when you like, making it convenient and accessible no matter how busy your life is.
The course is divided into 8 manageable modules which you can work through at your own pace and pick up and pause to suit the time you have. Each module should take around 45 minutes to complete, creating the perfect learning environment whether you’ve been out of education for a while or keen to continue any recent learning.
Learning is made easy with interactive exercises, case studies, questions, real-life stories, fact sheets, interviews, exercises, examples, checklists and videos to keep you interested and motivated. There are fun quizzes and summaries to recap and check your knowledge as you go.
By taking action now, this time next year you could be training to be a midwife. But you have to start somewhere, and we’ve made sure this course is exactly that place”
We’ll provide opportunities for you to gain feedback on your progress throughout the course. Plus we show you how you can work with us one to one to review your university application form or interview answers if you need us to.
We’ve worked hard to make sure our online course will educate AND inspire you. We wanted to make sure you enjoy it, so that essential learning will seem easy and fun and you get the results you have been hoping for”
Emily, Midwife Career Trainer & Mentor
Join this exclusive online course for only £39.98
Click here to get started!
This special discounted price ends 22/08/2017
All in all I would definitely recommend to others interested in a career in midwifery.
Thank you for all your hard work getting it up and running”
Here is what a few of our colleagues have to say about being a midwife:
“Becoming a midwife is the most important decision I ever made.”
“Every day is so rewarding, I really feel like I make a difference.”
“The job can be hard, but I would not change it for the world.”
If you buy the course but decide that the content doesn’t match your expectations we will give you a full refund*
Refunds are only issued within 24 hours of the initial purchase.